Wednesday, May 11, 2011

On the road again...


After discovering the Muttaburrasaurus, and very thankful he didn’t have any beans we had an overnight stay in Longreach to meet up with our friend “Mr E”.  A documentary maker, touring Outback Queensland filming sand green golf courses.  Cool job hey!

After a big sleep, and a great breakfast, we all headed to the South West Corner of Queensland and a small town of Jundah was our mission.  Only 235km away, there sure is a lot of wide open spaces out here, and great things to see.  I even had a drink at a very special site of a Native Well, great water too, and I needed it because I almost got left behind today….how could they forget me??

All ready for another day on the road.


Nothing around for kilometers except for Mr E's car.


Phoenix on the lookout for me..

Here I am...don't leave me.

Rescued...Thanks Phoenix.

Now you can see why I needed a drink.

Still drinking...

Andy Roo’s Fact Finds:  Native Wells played a very important role in our Indigenous culture.  When the seasons were good it was easy to live off the land.  In times when seasons were dry the Native Wells proved a valuable water source. 

No comments:

Post a Comment