Monday, February 13, 2012

Wild blue yonder calling...Eulo



Hanging out at the General Store in Eulo...great honey

On the road again...
Wow, I really did enjoy the Cooper Creek.  But now it is back on the road, yahoo.  With all this water lying around and back tracking we are spending alot of 'Quality time' in the car.  We crossed the Paroo River today and it was flowing over 500mm, it was really exciting.  Then found a real neat little town called Eulo.
Opal mining was king of the hill back in the late 1800's here, and there was a lady here called Queen Eulo that run the pub.  Not a lady to get on the wrong side of that is for sure.  Eulo also has a date farm, with a big stew pot out the front that Michele tried to cook me up in (joking)  I escaped she is too slow to get me.....hee hee.
It's a cool town that even has lizard racing, I did a lap around the track just to stretch my legs.  Had the track all to myself.  The lizards must have been having a rest day from training.  


Andy Roo's Fact Finds:  Eulo is located in SW Queensland, and is 67km west of Cunnamulla.  On the road out ot where the three states meet (SA, QLD, NSW)  Cameron's Corner.  Population:  109

Crossing Paroo River

the stew I escaped from

Dates on a tree..

the cool Lizard track in Eulo

Running away from the big lizard...he is 20ft tall
Taking a rest after the big run





No comments:

Post a Comment